Dave Atkins - Founding with Strength
Dave Atkins is an accountant by day, and runs STRNGTH.clubon nights and weekends. This may seem like a simple combination of work and passion, however, he came to this mix by first pursuing a career in medicine.
Dave has been searching for the right mix of passion, purpose and income, a story we can all relate to. He covers some really important themes that everyone can find aspiration from.
· What does Dave do day-to-day.
· What is Strength Club?
Pivotal Moment One: The choice to study commerce and transitioning into work
· The choice to study a commerce degree.
· Getting lucky and finding a grad program.
· Weighing up, is this the right choice along the way?
Pivotal Moment Two: Going back to university to be a doctor.
· The decision to leave commerce.
· Why medicine?
· Going back to university with more experience and a focused purpose.
· Getting all the way to the final interview.
· The fall out from not getting through to the dream.
Pivotal Moment Three: Founding STRNGTH.club
· Evaluation what made Dave happy, and what did he want from life.
· Finding the right mix of passion and purpose.
· Founding STRNGTH.club.
· The new place that this mix has brought him.
· The new outlook from that terrible moment.
What does Dave recommend you do if you are faced with a similar challenge?
· Don’t panic, step back and think about:
o What skills do I have?
o Reflect on what can I do, and how well can I do it?
o Enjoy the process of defeat as much as victory.
Dave’s 10 Minute Activity: Do 10 minutes of interval training, keep mindful and enjoy the challenge.
Make sure you sign up to the Candourly.com mailing list and share the podcast with your friends!