Adam Mawson - Superstar Producer
Adam Mawson is a Workforce Capacity Manager, ensuring that there are enough people for the work on demand, a profession he has come to after a long period of burning the candle at all ends, pursuing a career as a music producer. Adam is a hardworking young Australian looking for meaningful work that aligns to what is trying to achieve in life.
Pivotal Moment One: Where did the music start?
· Finding music during High School.
· Enjoying the analytics of music production and the art of a DJ.
· The influence of supportive parents.
· The freedom to be creative without permission.
Pivotal Moment Two: Becoming a DJ
· From the bedroom, to the club.
· The early days being one of the few DJs.
· The first paid gig experience.
· Producing music as well as DJ’ing.
Pivotal Moment Three: Paying the bills 9-5
· Cold calling selling printer cartridges.
· Learning sales and the influence on being a DJ.
· Focusing on being the next James Zabiela, while trying to keep some balance.
· Battling the grind of the dream.
Pivotal Moment Four: Finding the ‘redline’ and no longer being rewarded.
· Discovering the limitations of youth and experience.
· Back and forth between career and creative passion.
· Committing 100% to one path.
· Getting denied six times from a leadership role.
· The opposing challenge of the two pathways
Pivotal Moment Five: Committing to leadership as a career
· The decision to make music a hobby
· The influence of mentors, and aligning skills and passion.
· The realisation that talent and passion don’t always equal viable results.
· Investing in peers and corporate work, and being rewarded for doing so.
Pivotal Moment Six: Leaving a ten year career for a new opportunity.
· Knowing it was the right time leave.
· Believing in self to take the next step.
· Finding a new level of alignment.
· A new type of challenge.
· Align and enjoy the role that you have now.
· Use this energy for tomorrow.
· Prepare to do the work.
Adam’s 10 Minute Activity:
· Reflect on self and make sure you include the positives.
· Write down a balanced list of things you want to celebrate, and things you want to focus on.