Josh Carrell - Speaking Freely
Josh Carell is Co-Founder of Littlefoot & Company, a community driven business aimed at connecting new artists with opportunities to grow their skills. Josh was once a shy guy in his mid-twenties, looking for something that would drive him, something that he can really get engaged with.
This episodes reflects on the last six – ten months, which has seen Josh make massive change in his life, with some key pivotal moments that we can all relate to and gain aspiration from.
Pivotal Moment One: Turning Littlefoot & Company into a thing
· Starting with small events.
· Hosting spoken word nights, and watching it grow.
· Building a tribe around facing the fear of social rejection.
· Watching and feeling the confidence post Littlefoot & Company events.
Pivotal Moment Two: 2016 and the Year of Boldness
· Tattoo’s for commitment
· The impact of Steve Jobs and a Ted talk – Insert link
· The clarity found from a bruised heart.
· Creating opportunities for important discussions that matter through Littlefoot & Company
Pivotal Moment Three: Organising an Outdoor Cinema Night
· Networking to make things happen.
· Finding a venue with the right mix of vibe and facility.
· Battling bad weather, and persevering.
· The confidence found from doing hard things.
Pivotal Moment Four: Turning Littlefoot & Company into a real thing
· Partnering with other businesses.
· Watching the attendance grow and the energy created.
· Years of work to get to the first step.
Pivotal Moment Five: Fueling the Fire
· Starting with therapeutic thoughts, and turning them into art.
· Performing, and revealing deep thoughts to a room full of friends.
· Fighting resistance and facing the fear.
· Practicing and preaching and leading by example.
· Finding work that connects to self and values.
· The rush of leveling up and facing bigger fears.
Pivotal Moment Six: The Book Guys
· The role of mentors and peer accountability.
· Converting those 50/50 moments.
· Goal setting and making things real.
· Finding joy in the small stuff.
· The power of tribe and accountability.
Pivotal Moment Seven: Launching Ellaswood
· Forming an act with your brother.
· Performing as an artist.
· Taking things to the next level.
· Reflecting on rapid prototyping
· What’s coming up for Josh and Ellaswood in the next 12 months.
Content and People Discussed
· Ellaswood – Musical Spoken word & Free Styling
Josh’s 10 Minute activity:
· Get a pen, get a piece of paper and create three columns; Small, Medium & Large.
· List out goals in each category.