Tamsien West - Ravenclaw for life
Tamsien as the Corporate Sustainability & Membership Lead at The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), a non for profit that ensures we are producing products and services that are coming from sustainable forest practices. In addition to this Tamsien has a fast growing bookstagram profile – Babbling Books, combining her love of books with her knowledge of social media and marketing.
To find out more about Tamsien check out:
Pivotal Moment One: High School Careers Day
· Investigating journalism.
· Some advice that has stayed true for ten years.
· Choosing creative writing and international studies.
· How communications fits into the wider focus.
Pivotal Moment Two: International Studies
· Applying a generalist degree to the real world.
· Advice from a friend that started to clarify where to start.
· Aligning roles with values.
· Finding work via networks.
Pivotal Moment Three: Staring a professional career
· Starting in admin, but finding more.
· Linking social enterprise with marketing.
· Not saying no, and taking an opportunity based on linkages to values.
Pivotal Moment Four: Working at the FSC
· Another job via networks.
· Starting at 10 hours a week and expanding quickly.
· Starting out in trademarks
· Finding a great fit and balance in a smaller organisation with great alignment.
Pivotal Moment Five: Babbling Books
· Turning passion into project.
· Learning about a new side to books, and the people who love them.
· Building connection and community.
· Setting goals for the first time.
· Making networks with real connections, not transactions.
· The power of books their impact in current day.
· Know your own values.
· Use self reflection help you to make the right decision and look to your values to help give yourself perspective.
Tamsien’s 10 Minute Activity: Do the Pottermore Sorting Technique, it will help you understand self and it could be a conversation starter.