Tim 'Milky' Clarke -
Tim (Milky) Clarke is a Proofreader at an advertising agency, prior this role he was in publishing, working for a music label in licensing and freelancing.
Milky is a great example of enjoying the work you do now and take advantage of opportunities as they come up, rather than pushing towards a flag on the hill. His measured and balanced approach to life is one we call take away from.
Pivotal Moment 1: Studying Geography at Oxford
· The pace of study in a historic city.
· Living on campus in a city that is a college.
· The what and why of Geography.
· The choice to move away from Oxford and stay on the academia path.
Pivotal Moment 2: Choosing publishing
· Making the move into publishing after studying Geography.
· The impact of essay writing.
· The freedom of family support to follow passion.
· The life style boxes being satisfied.
· The fast rise to role of Publisher in a small company.
Pivotal Moment 3: Moving to Australia.
· Coming for a honeymoon and deciding to stay.
· Finding work in a local publishing house.
· Looking for a different role.
· Moving to Freelancing.
Pivotal Moment 4: Freelancing & Record Labeling
· Working for a record label with a friend.
· Balancing freelancing and editing.
· Battling the music industry during the rise of the Internet.
· Balancing life with many roles and priorities.
Pivotal Moment 5: Simplifying income streams back to advertising.
· Deciding that music doesn’t have to provide employment to be fulfilling.
· Making a lifestyle change to support a young family.
· Enjoying the role of Proofreading, with no plans to move to copywriting.
· Don’t be afraid to sit back and trust your own instincts.
Milky’s 10 min Activity:
· Take a look at your resume and review what you have enjoyed the most.
· Think about what the next thing you would like to add to what you have been able to accomplish.